August Favourites

August has been a weird month; it marked my first steps into the wide world of job-hunting after the excitement of graduation and post-university holidays. It’s also been a month where I’ve really started to up my game when it comes to running; with the impending doom of my 10k in September I’ve had to start boosting my distances and increasing my fitness. In amongst that I’ve managed to visit a handful of university friends, which has been wonderful, as well as catching up with friends from home, which has been the perfect distraction from the stress of job hunting.

There have been a few products I’ve loved this month, as well as some other bits and pieces. Let me know if you’ve tried any of the products I’ve listed – I’d love to hear what you think of them!


Mac Studio Finish Concealer

Prior to this, the only products I’ve purchased from Mac have been lipsticks; but when I was running low on the mighty Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer, I picked this up in duty free; and boy am I glad I did. With long lasting coverage, that managed to disguise almost all my blemishes, it was worth the hefty price tag.

Benefit POREfessional

A bold claim, but if I could only have one beauty product in the world, it would probably be this. This has been a constant favourite of mine since I bought it 18 months ago, and having run out this month it came time to repurchase. For me, this makes any foundation glide on and look a hundred times better, whilst disguising pores and blemishes. I’ve tried other, similar products, but they always get pushed aside in favour of the fantastic POREfessional.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Crème Serum

My hair is having a moment at the moment. I’ve not been using heat, I’ve been careful whilst in the sun but it’s still appearing split and frizzy. I picked this up on a whim in Boots, having heard good things, and over the past few weeks I’ve seen drastic improvement. Although my hair still isn’t back to normal, it’s looking far less…dead…than before.

Real Techniques Detailer Brush

I’ve always used my fingers for concealer and applied lipstick straight out of the tube; but a friend suggested I started using this brush and now this has all changed. Everybody knows how good the real techniques brushes are, and the detailer brush is no different. I’ve been using it to apply foundation under my eyes, and to cover blemishes, and it’s neatened my makeup up to no end. I don’t love it quite as much as the Real Techniques Contour Brush, but it’s a close second.

Jess Glynne – I Laugh When I Cry

I’ve been waiting anxiously for this record for a while; unsure whether it’d live up to the plethora of number one singles she’s already released. Thankfully, I loved it. There are a couple of tracks I have to skip, but in general it’s a phenomenal pop debut. My fav track has to be current single, 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself'; but definitely check out 'Ain't Got Far To Go' and 'Gave Me Something' as well.


Nike Zoom Pegasus 32


These are my first pair of real running shoes, and they’ve revolutionised my running. I’m currently training for a 10km, but have been suffering with sore knees and legs. I was running in a crusty old pair of new balance, which was source of the problem as they definitely weren’t meant for running in. If you’re seriously running, I’d advise investing in a decent pair of running shoes, as it makes it so much more enjoyable (and in my case, less painful) to be running long distances. 

What are your favourites this month? And what products should I check out next month?



11 comments:

  1. Firstly, congratulations on graduating and the best of luck with finding a job. I know it can feel like a life long search!

    Secondly, loving the new kicks!

    Marina | marinasimone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I want to try some makeup products =))

    xoxo, Nastya Deutsch
    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I'm super ready for September. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that Frizz-Ease product too... it's really great! Good luck in your job search :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck for your 10k run :) This month I've been loving my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream as it's the only product that keeps dry lips at bay lol X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. great :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, good luck with your 10k this month, that's such a brilliant achievement, I can imagine you'll feel great after completing it! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute trainers! Good luck with the 10k you are far braver than me, what a great achievement.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all sound like great favourites! I love the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation from MAC, so I really need to try out the concealer and I'm so gutted I've lost my detailer brush from RT. I've also been loving Jess Glynne's album - I'm sure its providing you with a load of motivating tunes for your running :) xx
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
  10. The RT brushed are my favourites, they're so affordable and the quality is pretty good! Also, your trainers look so cool! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been hearing SO much about the POREfession primer but I have yet to try it! And oh, I've been obsessed with Jess Glyne!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete